They actually use real hammers and nails...He was absolutely thrilled to be using real tools.
Tongue out and all...You know he's working hard. Funny thing is...Lou used to stick his tongue out too when he was little.
All finished. He made a race car/dune buggy. He was really proud of himself. They gave him a patch to sew on his apron and everything. He's already asking about the next class.
He had such a good time building that car that we shopped around Lowe's and bought him a little tool box and a tape measure and a hammer (small one, but it's real). He walked around Lowe's with his apron and goggles on and he thought he looked like he worked there. He felt so big that he didn't have any problem asking one of the employees where he could buy his own wood. He walked out of the store with a piece of wood in both hands. He insisted that I tell Lou that I brought a Lowes employee home with me. He carried in his toolbox and of course wore his goggles. Daddy wasn't supposed to recognize him, but he did. Jackson asked Lou for a few real tools to put in his toolbox. Here they are looking in Lou's toolbox.
Simon's down in the corner of the picture...acting interested. Anyway, A big day for Jackson...he's graduated to real tools. No more plastic fake ones.
2 comments:
That is so awesome! I've seen flyers for the Kid's Clinic but I didn't know it was free, or that they got to make such cool stuff! Jackson looks like he was having a blast. I'll have to tell my nephews about that.
I know you probably hear this all the time but Jackson and Lou look so much alike! :)
Lou loves it when people tell him how much Jackson looks like him...you should see pictures of Lou at his age. We have some where you really can't tell if it's Lou or Jackson.
Post a Comment