Okay, so it's been a while since Lou and I tried to go out of town. I say tried because this is what happened about an hour away from home...



It was right after our anniversary and we decided it take a trip up to Napa. We were about 20 miles north of Madera when the passenger side window just shattered. Glass went everywhere. Luckily, we were not hurt, but we were pretty shaken up and so we came back home and got a new window.
So needless to say, we were a little hesitant to take a trip out of town after that. Anyway, back to the story...we decided that since Lou was getting ready to start his first big year, and since we hadn't seen the ocean since July 2007, we would head over to Pismo for the day. We had no plans at all except to RELAX, not worry about a thing, and have fun.
We took an ice chest, sat in the sand, watched people, walked on the pier, looked in shops, and ate lunch. We started to get a little tired so we decided after about 5-6 hours at the coast we would head home so that we could have the evening to just unwind and get ready for Monday. Plus, we had left our dogs at home and even though we really were not worried about them, we felt like we should get home and make sure they were okay.
Well, we got home at about 6:30pm and as soon as we walked in the door we realized that something had gone WRONG....It was so hot in our house. 91 degrees!!! Our poor dogs were panting terribly. I tried to get them to drink water, but they wouldn't really drink too much.
After our landlord came over and checked things out (luckily, he used to work on AC's), we tried to get the house as cool as possible and prepare ourselves and out pups for a hot night. It was Sunday night, and unfortunately the problem could not be fixed until the next day.
We put Simon and Benji in the shower. They didn't really like it at first, but they didn't fight us once they realized how cool it felt. We have a big fan htat Lou turned on and after a few minutes of being wet...Simon found that if you stand in front of it it feels great. Here are some pictures of him in front of the fan...



Here it is at 10:00pm...I'm going to bed. It was rough.
Thankfully, it is fixed today and we are sleeping in a nice cool house.
7 comments:
Sorry for the typos. It's late and I'm tired. I just realized that our thermostat time is wrong too.
Yuck, we keep our house between 78-80 degrees and that's still too hot for me. I am so glad your air is fixed and that even after the window problem you had a good trip. Did a rock hit it or something? That is so wierd.
ok, just sent two of the same comments, only approve one, thanks! It's not late and I'm tired!!!
Hey Kelly! We think a rock hit it. We really don't know. Totally weird and really scary when your driving 65+ miles an hour on the freeway.
Ooohhh! I am so grumpy in the heat with no relief! You sound so nice and happy in the post. Our air was out for a week last summer (mind you, I am in Utah, not Fresno!!) and I wouldn't cook or clean or anything. I just laid around and bit everyones heads off. So glad you got it fixed!
I was driving my car once and the passenger window just crashed down into the door. It did not break but it did happen on the freeway and it freaked me out! H
Post a Comment