
Last night we went to watch some Clovis Cougar Football. Jackson had been asking to go and was very excited. Lou bought Jackson and me shirts to wear. We ate Chinese food and got dressed and went off to the game. It's kind of hard for Jackson to follow, but he enjoys the crowd and the music and of course this Giant Cougar that all the football players run out of. Just at the end of half time Jackson pretty much lost all interest and we ended up leaving. He cheered, he shook his pom-pom, he said all the things Lou said (Come on! Good play!).And he had had enough. We didn't mind...Lou had to get up early for a Debate Tournament the next morning anyway.



I couldn't really get a clear picture of the mascot...Cougie, but it's supposed to look like a cougar. Most of our family has heard this story...from last year, but I can't resist...Last year we took Jackson to his first Clovis High Football game and that mascot was dancing down with the cheerleaders. I had mentioned to Lou that that mascot outfit is very old because I remember it from when I went there (11 years ago). I had also said, it really doesn't even look like a cougar either. So Jackson is 4 and he is really loving all the music and cheerleaders and is laughing at this mascot dancing and doing funny stuff...He says, "Look at that Dog! Look at that Dog!" I say, "That's not a dog, that's a cougar." and Jackson says, "Oh, look at that cougar dressed up like a dog." We still laugh so hard at that even today.
Here's Jackson and Lou heading out. Yes...it was even breezy enough for Jackson to wear a sweatshirt on our way out. Yay for fall. We're so tired of the heat.
2 comments:
That makes me laugh, it really does look like a dog too! That head the players run through is pretty cool, that's def. new since I was there...12 years ago! wow, time flies
I love the fall too. very cute story about Jackson. :)
Post a Comment