Tuesday, October 7, 2008

CHS Homecoming

I don't really want to think about homecoming right now, but this float turned out so awesome it really does need it's own blog post.

I know you all know that Lou's the Debate & Forensics Coach at Clovis High. Well, they had to build a float for homecoming. Lou only has about 12-15 kids in his program and not all of them could commit to helping with the float. What I'm trying to say is...we did most of this at our house. Every night for about a week we were painting and building and checking out You Tube trying to get this float just right.

We decided to do the Presidential Debates via You Tube and so we set out to build a You Tube set.
Here is one of the sings we painted.


Simon was helping a bunch...can't you tell. He really liked this sign that Lou made.

This is the day of homecoming. We're waiting to go into the parade and be judged.
Jackson was probably the most excited. He (we) got to ride in the truck with Lou.
My brother, Bobby is Lou's assistant coach and well...he had to ride on the back to make sure nothing fell over....He had been there a lot of the day, and he was not excited.
Overall, it was a lot of fun. It took a ton of work, but we had fun. Good job Mr. S!

3 comments:

Wynn Family said...

That float was amazing!! Great job. I remember building a few floats back in the day. They are a lot of work!!! What an amazing family you have. You are a great Mom Shannon! Love you.

Anonymous said...

yeah it was pretty cool.. i was surprised clovis does a float for everything.. but the youtube set was pretty cool.

RMCarter said...

How funny... I was there that night! My niece was the freshman homecoming 'princess' so we went for the parade. I remember seeing this float and thinking it was awesome. I brought a co-worker with me and we complimented it as it went by. :)

By the way, my family was there that night to see my niece and I told them Jackson's comment about the 'cougar dressed like a dog'. We were rolling. I think my dad laughed so hard he cried. And Jackson was right, that is exactly what the mascot looks like...