Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Miss you Gram...

Today was Gram's funeral. It was sweet. I wish I would have gotten up to say something for two reasons...1. I wish I could have seen all the people there to celebrate her. I know that place was packed. 2. I told myself I was going to if there was an opportunity. There was an opportunity, but I don't know what happened. I got nervous. I started crying right at that moment just thinking of what I would say, and I didn't do it. Gram, I hope I can be just like you. I have always wanted to be like you, but after seeing how many people's lives you touched over the years, it makes me even more proud to be your granddaughter. It was so sweet to see people at your service today who I know traveled many miles to be there just to pay tribute to a beautiful lady that changed their life in some way. It was neat to see people there who only knew you as the grandmother of one of their dear friends.
I loved how you made each person who knew you feel special in their own way. I wish more than ever that I can be the kind of person that you were to so so many people.
I have so many sweet memories with you. I will forever cherish each one.

Love you Grammy. Look in on us from time to time...You're always welcome at the Standifer home. Xoxoxox

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you, Shannon! Of my three children, you have always been the one that I thought was most like gram...my mom. In so many ways you do remind me of her...your sense of humor, your giggle, your sly looks when we're both thinking the same thing but neither of us are saying it...so many things! Before she died, I guess about a week or two before...I was talking to her about you and I told her that you remind me so much of her. She smiled real big and asked me in what ways and so I told her those things above but I also told her about just how your brain works. She didn't know what I was talking about so I had to go into detail and I think when I tried to explain it, it was mostly about your job and how you're so good with numbers and accounting and stuff...like she was when she worked in the office all those years. I could tell she loved hearing it. I could see that she was so proud. I'm glad to read here that you want to be like her because you're already so much there! I'm so glad you're like her because I feel like she's always going to be here with us in that way. Sounds kind of crazy, I know, but I wanted you to know that she and I did talk about just this thing! I love you honey! Thank you so much for making the great video...and for posting these pictures here. xoxoxo!

Shannon said...

Thanks a lot for writing that mom! I love you.