Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Birthday...VIP Style

This year I was a little late planning Jackson's birthday party. We tried to have it at Bounce U this year, but I couldn't get it all coordinated in time. About a week and a half before his birthday, I went home feeling sad about not being able to make all the Bounce U details work. I sat down with Jackson and said, "Buddy, I am sorry I didn't start planning sooner. How about if we just have some kids over at our house? We can bring out the speakers and the microphone and you can plug in your iPod?" I was really trying to make it sound "cool." Jackson's reply..."Can we have a VIP area?"
WHAT? How does he know about VIP areas? We've never been anywhere VIP.
And that's how we came up with the VIP Party.
We created a VIP Lounge in our front room. Jackson and Lou put together a playlist of Jackson's favorite songs. We set up the microphone and roped off the section...for VIP's ONLY. It looks like Simon got in without a VIP pass.
We set up a chocolate fountain with a large variety of items to dip (or not). Cheese puffs, marshmellows, graham crackers, chips, gummy worms, oreos, etc.
Everybody loved it...including Uncle Bobby...I asked the boys to dip the craziest thing in the chocolate...chocolate covered Ruffles...Yuck!All the boys wanted to sit by Jackson...
Our friend Tiff made the cake! We loved it.Uh-oh! Is Grandma Bevy in the VIP section without a pass?
I'm sneaking in to get a drink...Present time...
Jonah had a fun time playing with the big boys...
It's time to play the Wii...VIP Style.
We love you Jackson! Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Luna said...

What a fun idea! You did a great job! I think it is better than Bounce U!

kelly said...

You are awesome. I love that idea.