Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Team Standifer...How it all came together


This is Lou...and this is how we met. Really...This picture and everything. We met online sometime in April 2005. This was his profile picture. It was a pretty new endevor for both of us. I posted a profile but I wasn't a "paying" member of the site. Which meant I had limited access. I couldn't write emails to anyone. I could only send one-liners that the site had already made up. They were things like, "I think you're cute." and "I think we should meet." and "You've got a nice smile." You get the idea. Anyway, most of the time if I sent one of those lines to someone they new immediately that I wasn't a paying member and they would send me an email including their personal email address so that we could get to know each other that way.

Well, when Lou came across my profile, he sent me a message...He was a paying customer so he could write personal emails and stuff. I checked out his profile and decided to send him a one-liner since that's all I could do. I figured he'd get the hint that I wasn't a "real" member and he'd send me a new email with his personal email address so that we could write to each other. So I sent him "I think you're cute" or something like that...and guess what?! Lou sends another email with no mention of his email address. Now here's the catch...Once you've sent someone a "one-liner" you can't send them another one. You've got to join the site and actually email them. I really liked Lou and didn't want to just end it...So I paid $19.95 so I could join and write him. We wrote each other about 5 times before we finally exchanged numbers and called each other.

We met in person on May 5th 2005...and exactly 2 years later on May 5th 2007 we got married.


This was my profile picture! I took it in my car! How silly.









1 comment:

RMCarter said...

Hey, glad you started blogging! :) It's a fun way to keep a journal and what's neat is, once you have enough entries to be worth it, there are a lot of companies who will turn your blog into a hard-bound book. What a neat way to scrapbook! It's pretty cheap too.

Anyway, I never knew the story of how you and Lou met. I knew you met "online" but I didn't know how. Very sweet story! :)