We are busier than ever right now and we haven't had much chance to blog. We are in the process of moving, and as exciting as it is-we still have a lot of work to do. My sister is taking our apartment which is good and bad. I want her to have a nice clean apartment to move into, but I haven't had much chance to get it ready for her lately. We will hopefully be spending our first night in the new house this weekend...the 5th.
On top of moving, we have Jackson's birthday tomorrow...July 1st. He is turning 5! I can't even believe he's already 5...How time flies. We had his party this past Friday (pictures to come). That took some planning, but we got through it and had a ton of fun. Jackson had a great party and finally met Kelly's boys (Micah, Jacob & Ben)...He can't stop talking about them and when we'll see them again.
And as if we were not busy enough with moving and Jackson's party...Lou is running a firework stand this week (For Clovis High Debate & Forensics...his new program). Now when I say Lou...I mean "we" are running a firework stand. We took turns working at it this past weekend. It was hot, but we actually had fun. I took pictures and will post them soon. My sister Brittany saved the day...or the two days. Because we had Jackson this past weekend, both of us could not work in the stand at the same time (kids can't be in the stand). Brittany came both days...all day. We had a lot of fun though, but I can't say I wasn't thinking about all of the packing and cleaning that I still need to do by this next weekend. I'll get it done some how. We'll be working the firework stand all week. Lou and I both still have to work so we'll open after work all week...Lou get's off at noon (summer school) so he'll open around 1 everyday and when I get off at 5 I'll go straight there. We don't have lights so we close around 8. On the 4th we'll open earlier and still probably close around dark. It's a huge task with a lot of work, but we're having fun. Anyone that wants to come see us...We're at Walmart in Clovis on Shaw and Peach.
Thanks brittany, Tara, Shalee & Jamie for all of your help. We need all the help we can get. Oh and thanks Grandma Bev too...for babysitting.
Anyway, that's our update...We're crazy busy, but once things slow down I'll post some more.
Love,
The Standifers
3 comments:
I wish I could be there to help with the fireworks booth, and help with the move. It is a busy time of year!
You are busy!!! Having your stand in the WalMart parking lot is great! Probably a lot of traffic coming through there.
Hope you guys make a lot of $$$ for CHS forensics! And a big Happy Birthday to Jackson! :)
Hi Shannon! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I love meeting new people through this blogging thing! Your name actually sounds really familiar to me - I'm sure Robby's mentioned you and he'll be excited to hear about you! Your family is so cute and the story about how you met your husband is just adorable. I'm happy you found us and I'll be keeping up with your blog too!
Post a Comment