Monday, August 11, 2008

Art at Grandma's House

For those of you who don't know...My mom (aka: Grandma Donna) is an artist. For those of you who have been to our house, you've seen her art on our walls. We are big time fans of her art. For those of you who have been lucky enough to go to Grandma Donna's house...you've definitely seen her art...It's like her own personal gallery.
Here are a few pictures I took at her house.










Anyway, it occured to me the other day that we might not have told Jackson who painted all of these pictures in Grandma's house. I'm sure we've told him that he has her paintings in his room, but I wasn't too sure if he knew that she painted all those paintings in her house.

I have always wanted to just let Jackson paint his own picture. He is pretty critical of his own drawings and paintings...I thought that painting with my mom might actually be really good for him. My mom went digging through her supplies and found a small canvas and some paints for Jackson. Before I knew he was having his own art lesson.

Here is what they came up with. Mom helped of course, but Jackson came up with the idea. If you can't tell...That's a dragon.

Jackson was so excited to bring it home and show Lou. We found the perfect place to hang it - In Jackson's room right next to another picture that Grandma painted for him.

6 comments:

kelly said...

I love your mom's artwork. It is so bright and pretty, very interesting. I love the picture she and Jackson did. Kids paintings are always the best.

The Waldrams said...

I remember your mom's artwork! It is so great! How was your birthday? I'm sorry about your cousin.

RMCarter said...

Wow, your mom's very talented! Jackson too! :)

That fireplace is unbelievable!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved spending the time with my talented and adorable grandson! Thank you so much for bringing him over and for being "the best mom ever!" I hope Jackson and I have many more hours of creativity together. Thank you for sharing the pics with me.

Luna said...

AWESOME picture! Way to go Jackson, and Grandma Donna!

Anonymous said...

Good words.