Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Family Night - Welcome to School.

Jackson started kindergarten this year, and he was pretty nervous. He told us, "I'm not excited, I'm anxious." So to try to help him get over his fears about school and kindergarten we did a Welcome to School family night this past weekend...just before school started. Since Lou had just about finished getting his classroom in order, we got to have our family night there (perk to having a teacher husband).

We had hot lunch (dinner) at our desks. We had an after school snack (dessert)...with a napkin note. We had our very own pencil hunt. Jackson is counting them out. I bought him a few workbooks for kindergartners that he has been working in and LOVES.
After a few games and some talk about kindergarten we decided to drive over to Jackson's school and find his classroom. He's going to the same school Lou went to, so Lou gave him a tour of the school. Peeking into Jackson's classroom. He's in K2...Miss Kelps class.
We played a little hopscotch and a few other made up games.
Overall...it was a pretty simple night. We all had fun!

To see more Family Nights...check out Whittaker Woman...she's got awesome ideas.

4 comments:

RMCarter said...

What a great idea! :) How did he do on his first day?

Kim said...

That is about the cutest family night I have ever seen. What a great little mommy you are...especially for being thrown into it. I'm super impressed and am kind of wishing my husband were a teacher...oh wait...I like making more than $20k a year. HAHA JK!
Go MOM!

Billie said...

How AWESOME that you got to do it at the actual school!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that! I love that you had it at school. So awesome. H