1. Okay, when we were at Lou's classroom the other night for family night, Lou was talking about his students. He was calling them "my kids" and I kept looking at Jackson because he had a funny look on his face...Finally he said, "Dad, do they call you dad and stuff?"
2. This morning we were getting ready for school (note: kindergarten started on Monday...4 days ago), and Jackson says, "Do you hear Simon crying?" Simon was whining all morning for some reason. I said, 'Yes." Jackson says, "Can you call and cancel kindergarten today, because I don't think he wants me to leave?" - Do you think he already hates school?
3. Jackson's step-sister (at his mom's house) went to the same Elementary school that Jackson goes to now. It hasn't been more than a couple of years since she went there...I don't think. When we found out what teacher Jackson had for kindergarten, they looked her up in the yearbook that Karrie had from a few years back. I was asking Jackson how he liked his teacher the day after school started and he said he liked her alot, but then he said this: "She is several years older than she looks in the book." Yes, he said several. Lou explained to him that he shouldn't tell his teacher that. We had to explain to him that people don't like it when you talk about how old they are. Then we had the whole "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all" conversation.
Jackson is so funny these days. He is really processing everything we say. Even if the radio is on in the car, the windows are down and I'm spelling things to Lou, Jackson still manages to jump right in to our conversation. He hears everything right now. He says the most grown up stuff these days. I can't believe it sometimes...I have been reminding myself lately that when I met Lou, Jackson was just turning 2 and didn't even talk yet. I can't beleive how fast he is growing up.
2 comments:
They grow up too fast. I love the funny things kids say. Check my blog about speaking spanish, it's not my kid, but it's a good one. I'm thinking of starting another blog just with the things my kids say on it. I've been keeping a book for the last several years.
Too funny! These cracked me up!!!
Post a Comment