9/3/08 - Last week when I took Jackson to school, he noticed right away that no one was there yet and asked me not to leave until a few friends got there. I stayed with him a while and after a friend got there I told Jackson that I needed to leave to get to work. He seemed a little sad, but didn't cry, and I felt bad for not staying until the teacher came out to take the children into the classroom. Today when I took him to school we were the first ones again. I assured him that I wouldn't leave until a few friends came along to keep him company. He said, "you just have to wait for one friend, and then you can go." I said okay and we got to his classroom and talked a little bit. One girl came to line up near the classroom, and Jackson says to me, "I said you can go after one of my friends gets here. Arn't you gonna leave now?" That little stinker...Already thinks he's big enough to do everything by himself.
9/17/08 - My father-in-law got a new (to him) truck and got rid of the old van that he had been driving for a REALLY LONG time. I wish I knew how long he had been driving it to give you a better picture of how it looked. It was not so pretty and had a lot of problems, but Papa Woody drove it anyway. Bev (my mother-in-law) must have complained about the van because when I asked Jackson what Papa did with his old van he said, "Grandma got rid of it FINALLY."
No comments:
Post a Comment