Thursday, September 18, 2008

Morning Routine

I developed a chart for Jackson of things he must do in the morning to get himself ready for school. With Lou and I both scrambling to get ready for work, we rely on Jackson to do somethings on his own (or with little help). First on his list is eat breakfast. I have been trying to wake up early enough to make eggs and sausage for Jackson so that I know he ate good in the morning, if nothing else. Second on the list is brush teeth which he never really liked doing until I bought a flouride rinse and now he does it al pretty well. Third on the list is get dressed which he is pretty proud to do all by himself (including shoes and socks). Fourth is brush hair...Dad usually helps with this (although the other day he did quite a fine job). Fifth on the list is to put his backpack by the front door so that we do not forget it. Sixth is clean/straighten his room. I usually help with this one, but recently he's been really surprising us. He told us today not to come in until he said and this is what we found:
He made his bed all by himself (he actually told me he was the bed expert :)

The last thing on his "Routine" chart is a little tv. Once he's got everything done we let him watch some tv until we're ready to go. Things have been working out pretty smoothly.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Good job. The worst mistake Jacob ever made was making his and Micah's bed when he was newly 3. Ever since then I've made them do their beds! It's time for Ben to make his own but he keeps telling me no. Hmmm, I guess he's the boss. Jackson is such a cute kid, also, I've been meaning to tell you, a part to one of his sword toys made it home in our swim bag.