Sunday, October 19, 2008

Meet Goldie!

A couple weeks ago, Jackson came to Lou and I and told us about his problem...He wanted a dog that only followed him around and that he could take care of. Lou and I thought it was cute, but both saw the problem in getting another dog...It wasn't going to happen. I tried to explain to Jackson that Simon and Benji would follow him around and stay with him if he took care of them. They follow me around most of the time and I explained to Jackson all I do to take care of our dogs...Take the outside, feed them, give them baths, pet them, etc. So for a few days Jackson was letting the dogs in and out, but he was still thinking about his own pet. He asked Lou for a cat next, and we knew that wasn't a great idea either...So Jackson settled on a fish. We talked about it and a week or so later we did so research on goldfish. Lou and I bought and set up the tank a few nights ago and this morning Jackson and Lou came home with Goldie. He's just loving his new home and Jackson has been sitting right by the tank most of the day. He even played a little music for Goldie and I think he liked it quite well. Jackson fed him today with dad's help. He's finally got his very own pet. Goldie, we are so happy to welcome you to the Standifer Family.

1 comment:

kelly said...

I love his tank, very cool. I am not so good with fish, don't change the water too much Jackson!