My husband LOVES LOVES LOVES bicycles! And he rides his any chance he gets...In fact he's ridden over 2500 miles this year (his goal is 3,000 for the year...and I'm sure he'll do it). Anyway, this last weekend he rode in the 1st Cyclo-cross race of the season. Honestly, it looked like the hardest thing ever...there is NO WAY I could have done that. There were a few girls that entered the race, but not too many. The course consisted of hurdles (I call them hurdles...I don't really know what they called them), hills (steep ones), grass, dirt, mud, and gravel. Lou finished mid pack...8th place out of about 16-20 people.
Getting ready...

Getting his gear on...

Starting line.....

These are the "hurdles"...

Out on the course...Doesn't look so bad.
Coming across the finish line....
All done...and muddy.
After all that...He's not done. He is doing about 4 or 5 more (it's a series of races). The next one is this next weekend...And...It's supposed to rain which means even more mud. I thought they'd just cancel it, but NO they like it better that way.I'm proud of you honey. Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment