Note: This post should really be dated 4/28/09
The other day Jackson brought home a book to read as part of his homework. He has been bringing books home everyday to read for homework since the second week of kindergarten. Well, he’s getting quite good REALLY good at reading and sometimes he brings home books that are too easy. So the other day was one of those days, and Lou and I both said, “Don’t bring this book home again for reading…It’s too easy.” Well, tonight Jackson brought home THAT book. Lou freaked out (not really freaked, but it goes with the story)! I didn’t really make a big deal about it because my mother-in-law had already told me that Jackson read to her today, and so in my mind the reading part of the homework was done. I didn’t really care that he brought that easy book home. Well, Jackson got to giggling about the whole thing and said, “I brought it home so that Shannon would freak out.” I said, “Well Dad is the one that freaked out about it this time.” And Jackson said, “Dad, why did you steal Shannon’s job?”
1 comment:
That is too funny! I miss you guys
Post a Comment