Monday, July 20, 2009

Counting Crows

Most people probably don't know this, but my husband's FAVORITE band is Counting Crows. I mean he knows more stuff about Adam Duritz than most people I think. He has followed this band from it's birth in 199? (That's terrible I should know...we totally talked about it). I think it's 1993, but if I'm wrong I'll stick to my original 199?.

Anyway, last night we got to see Counting Crows LIVE at Table Mountain Casino and I have to tell you...I can't stop talking about what an AMAZING show it was. I was not a CRAZY fan when we left the house, but I tell you what...Bobby and Lou had to practically drag me out of there last night. It was THAT good! I totally heart Adam Duritz after that concert.

Okay so...I swear this is how it went down. (I should add now: my brother, Bobby, is a BIG BIG Counting Crows fan too, but this shouldn't surprise me since he's borderline music geek too.) So I pick up dinner and pull in the driveway of our home...Bobby and Lou are sitting in the living room (just a few hours prior to the concert) WATCHING a Counting Crows concert on TV. I think they called it, "Getting Ready." I called it "Geeking Out!"

We eat dinner in front of the TV and finish watching the concert. Since we hadn't been to Table Mountain Casino for a concert before we thought we ought to give ourselves plenty of time so we headed out a couple hours early. We got to Table Mountain about 6:30 or so, but the parking was kind of crazy...so I think we were all glad we were early. We made it into the casino and I headed right for Will Call while the guys got in line. I had no problem getting our tickets and before long we were In!

The room/hall where they do concerts is SMALL. I mean smaller than any concert I've ever been to. There were probably about 1,000 people there...It was packed, but not much more than 1,000 people. Now because my husband (and brother) are such BIG fans...they knew to be there RIGHT ON TIME because all three bands were going to be on stage right at 8:00. We had plenty of time...we bought shirts and had some good people watching before the lights went down.

Right about 8:00 the lights went down and the stage was filled with 18 guys (well 17 guys and 1 girl). Counting Crows, Augustana, and Michael Franti & Spearhead were all on stage. Yes...I was particularly looking forward to Augustana, but I was really just excited to be there. I was smack dab in the middle of two HUGE Counting Crows fans...both Lou and Bobby sang, danced and maybe even cried they were so happy to be there. It was so fun to watch!

I took a few pictures, but nothing spectacular. I took a few pictures from Adam's twitter posts...Here's Adam...singing his heart out...This guy is so passionate about music. On the big screen...This is Dan from Augustana...his voice is AMAZING...Michael Franti...tons of energy...I really liked him too...Okay...so they played non stop for about 3 hours. They went on and off stage, sang each other's songs, and we all sang along and had a great time. I was secretly plotting in my head the whole time how I was going to try to get backstage so that Lou could meet Adam. He's such a big fan and I knew that would just be awesome for him. Anyway, the show ended and I saw Adam and all the guys leaning off the stage and shaking hands with fans...Oh my gosh! I totally heart Adam by this time so I want to shake his hand just as bad as I want Lou to shake his hand...So I start pushing Lou to the front and keep saying "Go Honey Go!" I started acting like a teenage girl at a New Kids On The Block concert, and before I could catch myself I realized I was yelling, "Adam! Dan! Adam!" at the TOP of my lungs. We were so close, but we didn't get to shake his hand. We were SO CLOSE though...it was good enough for us. I did happen to let out one last, "Dan!" and Dan from Augustana winked at me.

Lou was able to get a set list and a guitar pick, and we all got posters...Lou was so thrilled. I can't really even describe it, but we were totally jazzed. I wanted to hang out and see if Adam showed back up, but Lou insisted that he had already gone to his bus...and he was probably right. We made our way to our car and headed home. I had trouble falling asleep last night...I just wanted to totally "geek out" with my husband and talk about that AWESOME concert. So yeah...after all that...I'm a geek too...I'm okay with it. We had fun! Here's a picture of our souvenirs....
Thanks Honey for sharing your love of music with me. I always felt like I loved music, but you have definitely showed me a greater appreciation. I love you.
Seriously...one of the BEST concerts I've been to (and we've been to alot).

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh PS...for Kat and Luna...I saw Wylie and I got to meet Shauna!

BrokenLeggedLeapArtist said...

IT WAS SO AWESOME. =)))

Thanks for invitin me out. =))) <333

kelly said...

I love when things turn out like that, you know, when something is way way better than you were even thinking it was going to be.

The Waldrams said...

I think Counting Crows would be a fun concert. Jeremy likes them a lot. Glad you had a fun time.

Kat^..^ said...

I was about to comment that Wylie and Shawna didn't go to his cousin Jon's wedding up in Tahoe ... then, I see your post script that you saw them at the concert. While the venue is small, it's amazing that you ran into them, isn't it?

It sounds as if it was a fantastic concert ... and ya'll had a fab time

Luna said...

I love it when things end-up being better than expected! Glad you had a fun time.