Sunday, September 19, 2010

Standifer Family Picnic Adventure

Today we decided to take Jackson to practice his soccer at the park. He is playing on a team for the first time this year and we wanted to help him practice a little. I thought we should take a picnic to the park and make an outing out of it.

I wasn't prepared enough to make us sandwiches so we stopped off at PCH sandwiches and picked up our picnic. Jackson and I went inside to order our sndwiches while Lou waited in the car. Jackson found the newspaper and got a little reading in while we waited.

We didn't have to go far from our house to find a nice park with lots of shade and trees to have a nice picnic. We spread out our blacket and ate our good lunch. Lou and Jackson found a couple of trees to make our goal posts and they were against a fence so we didn't need a net.
Jackson drop kicked the ball for the first time and it got stuck right in one of the trees. BUMMER!
Lou had a folding chair in his car so we folded that up and tossed it up in the tree. I said, "I hope we don't get the chair stuck in the tree." Lou said, "Oh, the chair won't get stuck." ...The chair and the ball both ended up in the tree.
Luckily we were not too far from home. We all jumped back in the car and headed home. We thought about bringing back our ladder, but it is heavy and too long to fit nicely in our car so we settled for a walking stick that we had in our garage and our kitchen step stool.
We headed back to the park with are gear...Cracking up about it the whole time.
We got the chair down easily, but the ball was a bit more hard to do. We had to throw the stick up in the tree and finally the ball came down.
Only one problem...
The stick got stuck up there. We threw the ball up one time and got all of our items out of the tree. Pretty silly.
We played some good soccer AWAY from that tree.
Thanks guys for the fun adventure.

2 comments:

Luna said...

after all that... I am glad you still had time to play a little soccer! What a fun memory!

kelly said...

That's so funny! I am surprised that a chair got stuck.