I just got onto my cute little Netbook that Lou bought me a year ago for my birthday...I haven't used it as much as I would have liked. I love that I can sit with this little computer and explore the World Wide Web all cozy in my big comfy bed.
I started reading blogs tonight...Some I haven't kept up with in way too long. And I realized how much I miss my daily routine of reading and writing blog posts. Even if I didn't have a lot to say it was still nice to spill all my thoughts for the day.
I made a goal tonight....I will check blogs daily and try to post at least twice a week.
Here's a little update on what's up with the Standifers.
I got a new job back in March. I now work for several businesses all in one. I do bookkeeping for ESPN Radio, His Magazine ( a local magazine in Fresno), a few sign companies in town , and I also help a friend of ours out with his bookkeeping when I can. My schedule is pretty jam packed, but I do find time for family and fun. I prefer to stay busy and I especially like the flexability I have working for a variety of comapnies all at once.
Every now and then I get an offer for more business, but I don't think I can take any more work on right now...this keeps me pretty busy.
I have had some health issues lately. I was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia back in July. I was happy to have a diagnosis for my crazy tooth/face pain, but I wasn't quite ready for something like this. I now take medication for nerve pain. The side effects are somewhat bothersome, but the medication seems to help the pain quite well.
For now, I am just glad to have the pain managed.
Lou is back to school...in his 3rd year of teaching. He is still coaching debate and forensics and his team just keeps growing. The kids just love him and I love watching him coach and teach. He is just so happy to be working with these great kids.
Lou is also working in a new band. It's just getting off the ground now...I'm hoping to see them play soon. I love watching my man on stage...He has such a wonderful voice.
Jackson is in the 2nd grade now. He has Mr. Amon for a teacher and he is really doing well this year. In his class this yer he "applied" for a job and got the job he wanted. He does the lunch count in the mornings and leads the flag solute. He is really proud to have that job. He never wants to miss a day of school because he's so worried about who will do his job if he's not there.
This year Jackson is playing soccer for the first time. He is playing goalie. I is actually doing an awesome job. His team hasn't won too many games yet, but they are only about half way through the season. We'll see how the rest of the season goes.
Our pups are happy and spoiled as always. Simon started taking seperation anxiety medication a few months back and they are helping him so much. He used to have some mighty distructive days while we were out of the house before...He would tear things up and chew at his paws and make them bleed. He would get so anxious and upset when we got ready to leave the house. Our vet, Dr. Gary, put him on Reconcile for anxiety and it works great. He is still playful and active, but he is much more mellow overall. He calms right down when we leave and he is getting used to our routine again.
Benji is as cute as ever. She's always been a lover. We're having a little problem with dry skin lately, but overall she is great.
I know...I'm a crazy lady...what kind of person updates on her dogs?....ME! I love them...they are part of our family.
Well, that's it for now. I'm getting tired, but I am back...Back to the Blog World. More to come from the Standifers.
Love to all.
1 comment:
Welcome back! I look forward to reading along. :)
Post a Comment