Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gone Fishin'

This morning Jackson and Lou headed out to the lake for some fishing. They met Skip and Jack out there and the four of them spent the chilly morning down by the water.
Jackson had never been fishing before. Last night Lou took him shopping for his very own fishing pole and they sat at the kitchen table last night getting ready for their big morning. Lou doesn't fish too much, but he has a small tackle box so they had fun getting that ready.
Since Lou doesn't fish all that much, he doesn't have a fishing license. When we went to the store to get him a day license, Jackson told the lady at the counter that he needed one too. She smiled at him and said, "Well, you don't need one unless you're telling me you're sixteen." I quickly explained to Jackson that he could go without a license as long as he was with someone licensed. I didn't want him to think he couldn't go if he wasn't sixteen.
They left early...around 7:30 or so. And I don't think they came home until almost noon. Lou said Jackson didn't even want to leave when it was time to go home...
Sadly, they didn't catch a single fish...lots of bites, but they couldn't pull one in. That's perfectly fine with me...I didn't really want to eat trout for dinner.

No comments: