I don't have a good excuse for my lack of posts...I feel terrible for letting so much go by undocumented. I thought instead of try to post one post at a time and try to fill in what I haven't posted I would just do one big update.
Jackson is having a great year...He played indoor soccer this winter and really enjoyed it. We got into it too, and I know Lou was sad to see the league end. But baseball season has already started and Jackson has started practicing with his team, the Angels. I haven't made it to a practice yet, but Lou tells me that Jackson has already excelled at a few of the different positions.
Jackson is doing great in school. He has joined the chess club and has been recommened to participate in Exceptionally Capable Learners (ECL) program. This is basically the GATE program for 1st through 3rd grade students. (Brittany, doesn't this make you proud?). He stays after school on Thursday's for ECL and on Wednesday's for Chess club. Truthfully, he's one busy kid these days between those two things and his baseball. He is doing well though so we keep encouraging it.
Lou's speech and debate season is winding down. It usually does towards the spring. He is still coaching after school and he has a few tournaments coming up, but he has a lot fewer weekend commitments during this time of year. We are planning a yard sale in April to help his team raise money...We are asking the kids to bring in items to be sold at the yard sale and all proceeds will go to the team.
Lou is enjoying music again and singing for a new band, Soul Kitchen. I am feeling lucky because they practice in our home right now so I get to hear them each week. They are already so so good. I just can't wait for them to have their first gig.
Lou recently bought a recumbent bicycle and is slowing getting back on the bike after a long hiatis. I am proud of him for getting back into it...He loves being on the bike so much. His back has recovered slowly, but we say all he time how much better he's gotten. He really has.
I just finished my first year with Chris. Last March I started working for Chris as the controller for all three of his companies, 1430 ESPN Radio/790 ESPN the Deuce/HiS Magazine (that's really only one company), A Plus Signs, & Mega-Prints. It has been the busiest job I have ever had, but truthfully...I LOVE it! One day a week I am over at the station and the rest of the week I am in my office at the sign companies. I really like everyone that I work with...especially Chris and Stacy...they have a sweet family.
I am still doing a few sets of books on the side, but I am lucky that my schedule is flexible and I am able to find the time to juggle it all.
This probably belongs on my fertility blog, but I haven't kept that up either...I started seeing a grief counselor not too long ago and I can honestly say it is the best thing I have ever done. I won't get into all of the specifics (at least not here), but I feel so much happier than I have in a long time. I'll leave it at that.
One reason I have not blogged through the holidays is because, even though we have had some sweet, good things happen to us, we've also been dealing with some extremely sad news. My grandma was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in early December. As soon as she started treatment for it her health declined rapidly. Sadly, she passed away yesterday morning. I feel lucky that I have been so close to her, and that we had a sweet holiday season with her. Even though it was so difficult to see her in such pain, some of my most tender moments were shared with her during the last few months.
I'm moving slowly this morning. My heart hurts today, and truthfully, I'd love to crawl back into bed and sleep all day, but I know I need to get moving. On we go...
1 comment:
Great, informational post, Shannon! I am really proud of Jackson! I always brag about how smart he is and now I have "proof" that it's not just my own personal bias. I love you guys!
Post a Comment