Thursday, March 31, 2011

Almost Exactly Alike

A couple days ago I got an invitation to a baby shower for our friend Leslie Blanchard. I taped the invitation to the back door so that I would be reminded of the upcoming shower each morning when I leave.

This morning while Jackson was waiting at the back door for me, he said, "I just can't believe that Drew and Leslie are having a baby."

When I asked him why he couldn't believe it he told me this (I'll try my best to remember word for word):

Well, then the Blanchards are going to be almost exactly like the Standifers. You know, both of the dads are teachers at Clovis High. Both of the "housewives" have other jobs and take care of all the bills and the check writing. And both families will have a son.

Almost exactly... *********************************************************************************** A while back Jackson was playing the Wii. He was playing WipeOut the video game and he said to Lou as he passed by:

Jackson: Dad, there is this character on here who is almost exactly like me EXCEPT that he is older and African American.

Lou: How is that alomst exactly like you, Jackson?

Jackson: Well, it says "Most likely to succeed" by this player, and that is like me...right?

Almost Exactly....

2 comments:

Luna said...

too funny!

kelly said...

I love Jackson. He cracks me up.