
I just bought a water cooler for our family. It was kind of a big purchase, but I was so tired of buying bottled water by the case. I felt guilty about all those little bottles (even though we recycle), and it was starting to get pricey.
I finally broke down and bought a water cooler. I went to Home Depot and picked up 3 5 gallon jugs of water (Alhambra) and we started drinking.
We LOVE it! Lou mentioned last night that it is like having a cold drinking fountain right in our house. We have already gone through a 5 gallon jug. We fill up our cups at bedtime, we fill up our dog's bowls, we fill our to-go cups and away we go.
This morning on my way to work I was hit with this reality...On the other side of the world there are so many people in hospitals with illness from drinking unclean water. Mothers are faced with the decision daily of weather or not to let their children drink the unclean water.
They can buy wood to boil the water or they can buy food. A lot of the times they chose to risk it and buy food for their family instead of wood to make a fire to boil their water.
Compassion is a beautiful organization. And they have a way to help...
Water of Life
Provide Water of Life
Give a Child in Need One of The Greatest Gifts – SAFE WATER FOR LIFE!
Compassion's Water of Life, a safe water system goes to the heart of one of the greatest and most urgent needs in developing countries today – providing safe drinking water to children and their families.
Every day over 4,000 children are dying of water-related diseases such as cholera and typhoid that are easily preventable. Many more are suffering sickness, diarrhea and acute stomach pains – illnesses that stop children going to school and growing up into healthy adults.
When you give to Compassion's Water of Life, you are not only giving safe drinking water, you are protecting a child from life-threatening diseases and allowing that child to go to school, to dream and reach their full potential.
Your donation of $55 provides:
Compassion's Water of Life system – safe water for life (over 1 million gallons) for a child and their family in developing countries.
Education on improving hygiene and sanitation
Support for improving community water and sanitation sources where needed.
Each tax-deductible gift of $55 will provide a complete Water of Life system to a child and his or her family. Consider a gift of $55... $110... or even $165!
I don't normally post things like this on my blog, but this touched my heart. I jumped online and gave a donation this morning. You can give too...Here!
No comments:
Post a Comment