A few weeks ago we went to a Fresno Grizzlies game. We haven't been to one in a while so we were all excited to go. Since Jackson got so involved in baseball this year, he understood the sport better and really got into the game. He took his baseball glove in hopes of catching a foul ball. He didn't catch a foul ball, but a guy a couple rows ahead of us did...and he ended up tossing it back to Jackson. Jackson was thrilled. So happy I thought he was going to cry. He asked to go to the gift shop to look around so we went down and I ended up letting him get the jersey. He wore it the rest of the night.
At the end of the game a few of the players were going down to the gate to give a short insirational story. Jackson and I headed there right away. I dug through my purse to find a pen and Jackson had his foul ball in hand. We wove our way through the crowd and stood right by the players. I told Jackson to "very nicely" ask for some autographs. He ended up with 3 autographs on his foul ball.
He was over the moon. What a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment