Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Family Night #3 - Doggy Birthday Party

Okay...So I know what you're thinking...this crazy lady takes pictures of her dogs, blogs about her dogs and now she's having a birthday party for her dog. I know...Crazy. I never thought I'd do any of these things, but i can't help it...they are part of our family and Jackson get's a huge kick out of celebrating them too. Benji's birthday is on August 1st so we decided to have a party for her. Jackson and I went shopping for party supplies and we even bought her a new collar tag (since we just moved), and a few new toys...for presents of course.
Here's the birthday girl...looking so thrilled.
She's a typical girl...Doesn't want anyone to know her real age.
We even decorated like a party. We put up streamers and balloons.
We made cupcakes...but none for the dogs...they got an even better treat (or at least
they thought so). Here is Simon...loving every minute of Benji's party...including her new toys. What a bully. We played Pin the Tail on Benji. It's not a good picture since the light was shining through. But I put a picture of Benji on the door and we made her a body with no tail. It was so funny because when I put it up Simon barked at it for about 10 minutes. We were cracking up. Jackson helped Benji open her presents.
And then we sang happy birthday and both dogs got there very own birthday HOTDOG. They had a race to see who could eat their's fastest...Benji won.
We had a lot of fun. What an evening.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! I am crazy about my dog just as much as you are, and I also had a birthday for him - I had my family over and everything! I'm glad I am not the only crazy one :)

Anonymous said...

Now that is one family night we will not do. so creative. I love it. H

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

What fun!! Dogs are people too. You DO know 'All Dogs Go To Heaven', right?

kelly said...

Shannon, you need to have a few kids, you do the cutest things and would make the best mommy! I am so glad you have Jackson in your life too. He is a very lucky little boy to have such a wonderful 2nd mommy.

Robby Kurtz said...

That looks like a fun party. I think you had more to do at your dogs party then I had a my birthday. I bet your dog had fun though.

RMCarter said...

How fun! Looks like a great party!

I don't think you're crazy for all the dog blogs. Just look at all the blogs I have on Cosmo!

Pets are family too! :)