Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

Well, I know this post is terribly late...I don't know what happened to me. I felt kind of lazy lately. We had quite a big Halloween...or maybe I should say long Halloween. It started back mid-October...We went to Zoo-Boo again this year. Thanks to Adrienne we were able to get some tickets and make it once again to the annual Zoo-Boo at our local zoo. All the kids dress up and there are games and booths set up to go trick-or-treating at, and there is music and magic shows and all kinds of fun stuff. Anyway, we always have a lot of fun and this year was no different. We absolutely loved it.

Here is Jackson getting ready to go...He dressed up as a Ninja this year. At Zoo-Boo...waiting in line for some kind of carnival game. Can't forget to check out the animals...Going thru the hay-maze...This was fun. He did it a couple of times. So a few days after Zoo-Boo we went to the pumpkin patch. I couldn't remember ever going to a pumpkin patch (I'm sure I probably went as a kid)...It was a lot of fun. We didn't take any pictures there, but we did pick out some darn good pumpkins.

We carved them a few nights before Halloween. Daddy did most of the carving...Jackson told him to make fangs on this pumpkin.
We carved two great looking pumpkins...Jackson made a cape for one of them (it was a piece of felt glued on the back of the pumpkin). After carving we decorated some little pumpkins. We had a lot of fun with this and will probably do this again. I still have not gotten rid of them...They look so cute. Jackson was very good at this and seems to be quite creative. He comes up with some great ideas. Here is Jackson's pumpkin....
Here is Lou's pumpkin.....And here is mine....Once Halloween night came around...It was time for trick-or-treating...Here is Jackson in his best Ninja pose. Ready to go out... He got quite a bit of candy. He told us when he was ready to stop trick-or-treating and we headed for home. Of course Jackson has been wearing this Ninja costume as much as possible. When ever he watches 3 Ninja's or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles he wants it on and we find him in his room practicing his moves. It's quite cute.

1 comment:

The Waldrams said...

That is funny that he loves to wear his costume still. At least he gets a lot of use out of it. Creative pumpkin decorating!